Milo

Milo

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Red Rock Canyon Getaway

Tyller was finally able to convince me to go camping this Memorial Day weekend. No matter that our cars need fixing and our yard is way behind schedule! We can always do those another weekend right?! 
We were a little late leaving salt lake on Saturday but we were able to drive down with our best buds, Megan and Kevin. So fun to be able to go with them! After the long drive, we met up with a few of our other friends who found the camping spot already for us. We got there just in time to set up and cook our chili dogs! Then straight to bed :)
The next day we got up and made breakfast, packed our lunches, and headed to the place where everyone was going to do some rock climbing. Pretty sure no one wants me to come camping with them again after this adventure. What they described as a stroll up the mountain was yet another death hike for me where I feared for my life every step I took. I could just see my self tumbling down the mountain any second! (Tyler is rolling his eyes as he is reading this :) ). But we all survived (luckily) and made it to
The top. I'll say it was worth it because the view was breathtaking. 
After we watched everyone do their cool rock climbing moves up the mountain, meg, Kevin, and I headed back down the mountain to check in to our luxurious hotel and hit up the pool. Tyler stayed to finish out the day doing more rock climbing. 
As we got to the pool, we all realized we never thought to grab the sunscreen from Ty when we left. Whoops. Needless to say, my back is fried having fallen asleep at the pool for a good hour and a half :) awesome. 
Tyler met up with us that night, super late because it took them about 2 hours to get out of the canyon that they were climbing in and he said they were all getting dehydrated! I'm glad everyone made it back safe!
We made plans to go to dinner and then head down to the strip, followed by some swimming and watching a movie. We made it to about dinner. Ha Megan was practically falling asleep at the table. So we went to bed. 
The next day was spent hanging out at the pool all day and stalling to go home. We eventually made it on the road to get home around 10:30 at night. So worth it! Such a fun little getaway that I am glad we were able to do, and I even survived camping. Woot woot! 
Here are the pics of the weekend:
















No comments:

Post a Comment