Milo

Milo

Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 2013 Events

I can't decide whether to write that lots of things have been going on this month or nothing very eventful has been happening at all this month! We have been busy but I don't feel it has been busy with things worth writing about... This goes hand in hand with my thoughts about the month of January.
January is my least favorite month ever. It is always cold, the snow is pointless because Christmas is over, and it's just plain depressing. This particular January has been colder than I ever remember it being. We have had a major snowstorm that gave us about 2 feet of snow and just today had an ice storm! Pretty sure I have never been in an ice storm, but this morning on my way to work I had to pull over to scrape my windshield off because everything that was falling onto it was just sticking.
Is this post already super depressing? Yes! And I am going to add to it. My poor mother has been to the ER twice this month. One, for falling on the ice and breaking her elbow and two, for being in a car accident and breaking her collar bone on the other arm! She currently is sporting a beautiful purple cast :) we feel so bad for her but have also realized how blessed we are with all the people who have made her dinner and bought groceries for her and just cheered her up when she couldn't do much with both arms out of use. We are truly grateful for everyone who has helped!
Though I talk about how I hate this month, we have still been able to have fun with other things! We are loving living in our house and putting it together to make it a home. We have loved going to the gym in our development as part of our New Years resolutions to stay in shape. And I have LOVED cooking in my kitchen. I don't know what it is but a bigger, nicer kitchen just inspires me. I even made homemade bread! Weird.
Side note: back to the New Years resolutions. I say my resolution was to stay in shape, but really I am going to the gym more to help with my goal of a stress relieved year! My plan is to work off all the stress that I hold inside so that I can be a much more calm person. Every time I tell people this is my plan for the year they all seem to nod in agreement and are probably thinking, "ya that would be a good idea for her...!" :) yes, I think so too. Well, if your wondering what the results are, I feel I have been doing pretty good but there is still room for improvement :)
Another way I have relieved some stress is by shooting my brother, sister in law, and husband.... With nerf guns! Yes, we had a nerf gun war at our house and it was awesome! We set up barricades and had sneak attacks and everything :) Mom joined in but I think she was a little afraid of getting shot in the collarbone.
Wooh! Big breath, that was a lot of rambling, glad we made it through! Hopefully next time won't be so depressing because January is almost over!!







No comments:

Post a Comment