Milo

Milo

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Attempt at Being Martha Stewart

You know those days when you envision yourself being the perfect homemaker like Martha Stewart? Today was one of those days for me. I was going to make homemade bread and delicious honey butter and it was going to be perfect, just like how Martha does it.
Well, I am sitting in my bed with a heat pad on my tail bone and honey splattered clothes, dishcloths, and rugs in the washer. What happened you ask? Here's how my perfect homemaking day went.
-made the bread dough and tried out the Bosch for the first time. It is awesome!
-let the dough rise for 45 minutes and then stick in the oven. Got it.
-decide to make the honey butter while the bread is baking. Whoops, ran out of honey!
-call mom to steal some of her honey because honey is so dang expensive! Gotta hurry, only have 25 minutes.
-park in moms treacherous driveway because I think all that ice has melted. Nope. Fall hard on my tailbone.
-get over it, you've got bread in the oven! Hurry back home with honey in hand and you've got 4 minutes to spare. Perfect! Timer goes off and bread is definitely brown on the top... Martha's would definitely not look like that! Well I'm sure it will still taste good :)
-start putting my honey mixture in the food processor, so far so good.
-BAM! I turn the processor on and the explosion of all explosions happen. There is honey butter all over my floor, cabinets, counters, and me. How this happened I have no idea! Lesson learned: do not use a food processor to make honey butter.
Martha definitely does NOT have explosions or even messes in her kitchen. Luckily I was able to salvage most of the honey. Not all of it came cascading out of the processor.
So after cleaning up all the honey that got in the most random places I put the honey and bread to the test. Oh my goodness gracious I am very pleased with the turnout even if the journey was a little chaotic! Second lesson learned: not everything has to be perfect like Martha to have a good turnout. Oh, and make sure Ty is home when I go on these endeavors so he can help me clean up :)



No comments:

Post a Comment