Milo

Milo

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Milo's Birthday

We celebrated Milo's birthday by having a party the day before at our house. It was a "Winter One-Derland" theme and I had fun going all out for it! Unfortunately, Milo woke up sick with a really bad cold that morning so we had to tell all of our guests that the party would have to be short so as not to wear him out and get everyone else sick.

A neighbor of ours made this adorable blue cake with snowflake sprinkles on it. It looked so yummy I wanted to eat it myself!



All of the food went along with the little theme, including the water pitcher, which was a melted snowman :)

I cut out about 100 snowflakes to put all over the house to make it feel like a winter wonderland since we didn't have any snow on the ground outside.


We were so happy that everyone decided to come and risk getting sick so that we could still celebrate the little man's birthday! We have such wonderful family and friends.


Despite being sick, Milo was very excited about his presents and opening them!

As you can tell by most of the pictures, Aunt Mckenzie and Uncle David's jeep present was a definite winner. Mostly because it was already out and ready to play with and, of course, it's a jeep! But he loves all of his gifts that he was given and I know that all of them will get their use out of them.



Then came the cake smash that I was so excited for! I just knew that Milo was going to dig his hands into that cake and eat as much as he could before I took it away. But, to my surprise, we all sang happy birthday to him, he put his hands in the cake, and then refused to eat it! We tried everything to get him to take just a little taste, but he would not. Instead, he pointed at his bowl of soup and wanted to eat that! So we ended getting to try his cake after all :) and it was as delicious as it looked.





Here's the little monkey on his actual day, sitting in his new birthday chair next to his All About Me poster and sucking on his tylenol syringe because he was still pretty sick :( but at least he looked chipper in the picture!
I debated all morning whether I should go through with my plan to take him to the aquarium since he was still sick, and I am so glad that we decided to go! He was in HEAVEN. There was hardly anyone at the aquarium so I was able to let him walk around at his little heart's content. I think that it made his whole day even though he was feeling crumby.
We were lucky enough to be joined by London and Megan :)


I'm so glad that he ended up being to able to have a fun first birthday despite his illness :) I can't wait to celebrate all the many more to come!






No comments:

Post a Comment