Milo

Milo

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Our Story

I am going to start off on the story of how we met and this takes us alllll the way back to January of 2010 (very long ago, I know). Tyler and I had a public speaking class together at LDS Business College. I sat on one side of the room, he sat on the other and to be honest I had no idea who he was. Tyler says that he had seen me around the school before but I guess I was oblivious, woops! Well, we each had to give speeches in front of the class and then write a note to that person on the things that you liked and didn't like about their speech. Tyler decided to write me a note (that I still have) that said something along the lines of "Cool boots! But that was an even cooler speech!" Classic! But, unfortunately, the magic did not start there.

I happened to be dating someone else at the time and was going to his indoor soccer game to watch him play. As I was walking to my seat, some boy (...Tyler) shouts out "Hey!" to me and I look at him having no clue who he was and thought he might have been saying hi to someone else so I just kept walking and completely ignored him. Well, come to find out, Tyler was saying hi to me and was totally humiliated by me blowing him off in front of his friends.

After that, Tyler had decided that he was going to give up on me. Well, I had eventually stopped dating the other boy and was a free woman! One day, in public speaking class, one of my friends that sat by Tyler asked why I never sat over by them on that side of the room, so I changed seats and ended up sitting right next to Tyler! I tried to secretly ask my friend what Tyler's name was (not knowing it yet and feeling bad about blowing him off a month ago) and he tells me his name is Tilph! When he told me that I was like wow, what an interesting name.... but Tyler heard him say it and was like "Yup! That's me!" I probably went a couple days maybe even a couple weeks thinking that was his real name till he told me it was just a nickname and really his name was Tyler. Wooh! What a relief!

Now this is where the magic starts! Every class after that I would sit by Tyler and we discovered that we had some mutual friends which got us talking more. Then we exchanged numbers and dun da da dun! Tyler asked me out on our first date finally after 3 months of being in the same class.

No comments:

Post a Comment