Milo

Milo

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Birthdays and Conference

This weekend was a special one, it being both Linda and Randy's birthdays! I got just a few pictures of Linda's party and her super cute garden cake that Amy got her. We are so grateful for Linda and Randy. They do so much for our family!
Sweet little Addyson playing with my phone :)
I also was able to plant this pride and joy here. I am so excited about it! This is my first pot of succulent plants and so I'm hoping that they will go well for me. The craziest thing about these plants is that I got them at Ikea! Who would have thought that Ikea has plants too, they just have everything!

Another thing that made the weekend special was it being General Conference weekend. Tyler and I are usually so busy on these weekends, but luckily for us we got to listen to most of the sessions. One of my favorite quotes from this conference was,

"Would you ask someone who is drowning, 'let me know how I can help you', or would you jump in there and save them?" (Elder Rasband)

Gosh was that a mind blower for me! I often find myself saying that exact thing to people, "Let me know if I can help you," and I need to stop doing that and just get in there and help! This is my new goal for now.

2 comments:

  1. Just be really careful about not over watering. Succulents are prone to fungus that kills the plant right at the soil level and eats the roots. They are also prone to getting infected with fruit fly looking bugs so only water maybe once a week, or twice if its just a little bit. they love sun too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I've done my research and learned that you are supposed to let it dry out before watering again so just about once or twice every two weeks! I hope I can avoid those problems you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete