Milo

Milo

Monday, November 26, 2012

Holiday Madness

So many fun events have happened just in the past week that are going to make this a long post and many pictures!

First things first, it was my mom's birthday! This meant that it was the perfect opportunity to have the WHOLE family go and see the new Twilight movie (boys included). Though David and Ty may deny it, I think they rather enjoyed it. Tyler had a running commentary through the whole movie.
Overall, I think it was a good birthday for my momma. So grateful for her and all she has done for me and Ty!

The next day was Thanksgiving!! I love this holiday because it is full of food, relaxing, and thinking of those things that you are so blessed with. This year we got to spend it at my mom's house with my whole family and the Edgar family as well. We missed Dani and Connor this year because they are both on missions.
My mom had a very pretty table set up for the event, complete with new pottery barn table cloth that she got for her birthday!






A thought on Black Friday shopping: Ty and I have done it the past two years of our marriage and have loved it because we would complete all of our Christmas shopping in that one day and get killer deals. This year I had work so we didn't plan on doing very much. Well now having a year where we didn't do it I realized that we were fine and still have most of our Christmas shopping done. Maybe I will get more insane when we have children and I just HAVE to get that Firby for my child but for now I think that Black Friday shopping for us will stay at a just for fun status.

So instead of the shopping, we spent a fun filled day with Owen and Elle and then headed off to cut down our Christmas tree, which we are proud to say has been a running tradition of three years now! We did it when it was just starting to get dark so we had to pick our tree fast. Probably the best way we have ever done it! No arguing over which tree to get and me complaining about how cold I am and getting grumpy and then Ty having to cut and drag the tree out by himself. Yes, that actually happened :)

Here we have it fully decorated. This year, each of us kids contributed some sort of homemade item to the tree. That big ball of color in the front of the tree is David and Mckenzie's ugly Christmas bird they made. It adds quite a lot of character to the tree.

Mom and Cayleen made this pretty popcorn and cranberry garland inspired by Hillary :)

And Ty and I made this orange ornaments. I love them, they look like stained glass on the tree.


And finally we had to start the Christmas season off with a date night to go look at the Temple Square Christmas Lights. Our best newly wed friends, Meg and Kevin, invited us over for dinner at their new apartment and then we headed downtown to meet up with Kevin's brothers and their significant others. It was a fun filled night full of amazement at the fruits on the trees and Kevin singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer for everyone walking by.






Tyler's a weirdo.




Macy's has their Christmas windows up and running again, just like what I remember when I was a kid! The ornaments they made out of candy were soo cool!





We finished the night off with some hot cocoa and comedy at the Off Broadway Theatre. 
We are so grateful for our friends that we have that will hang out with us even though were are old and married and no fun to be around anymore :)
We can't wait to post again but the other fun holiday stuff we do. We love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment