Milo

Milo

Monday, December 31, 2012

Dancing With the Mormon Tabernacle Choir

Wow what a week!! After practicing for two and a half months we finally got to perform at the Mormon tabernacle choir Christmas concert. The concert went for 4 days straight and resulted in a very tired maddie but it was one of the best experiences and I am so grateful that I was able to be apart of it.
It started with auditions back in December. I had not danced for about 4 years so I was feeling like there was no way possible that I would make it but, Heavenly Father must have known that I needed to do it, because I can not thing of any other way that I made the dance group. And I am so grateful!
Then we started practices being 2 nights a week for 3 hours each and I thought I was going to die! As soon as we learned the dance, carol, the dance choreographer, took pity on us and brought it down to once a week as the concert got closer.
Soon followed December and we found out finally who the guest artist would be. Alfie Boe and Tom Brokaw!! I was so excited even though I didn't know who Alfie Boe was at first :)
And, finally we made it to the week of the concert! I felt so special being able to perform in the huge conference center and be right by the booming voices of the Mormon tabernacle choir. There is just something about being in the same room as them and feeling the amazing spirit that they have.
During the concert performances I was able to meet Alfie Boe in person and get a picture, say hello to president Monson, shake president Uchtdorf's hand, and spot Mitt Romney! It was incredible! I was speechless in a couple of my encounters :)
So anyways, if you went to see it, I was one of the dancers in the aisles. Super fun place to be since we could wave and talk to the people next to us. We got super lucky that Tyler and Linda got seats right by where I was dancing so I got to wave to Tyler and watch him the whole time I was dancing.
Speaking of Tyler, he came to every performance but one and that was because he was feeling sick!! Talk about a supportive husband. I am so lucky.
I also ran into a couple of unexpected friends who were in the performances as well. Cute Adrienne was my buddy throughout the whole thing. And my "sister" holly was in the orchestra!
Seriously, so much fun. I could go on and on about it, but I won't! Here are some pics of the fun event.









No comments:

Post a Comment