Milo

Milo

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

4th of July and Baby Update

I ultimately failed at picture taking for the Fourth of July :( But I will just have to do with what I have! The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays and Tyler and I always pack it FULL. We start on the third by going up to the fireworks at the Eaglewood golf course. I have done this ever since I was little and plan to do it for the years to come with our kids. We always meet up with the Hyde/Mead family, the Chrastil family (so sad they were out of town this year!) and the Edgar family in our same spot every year and pig out on food and visit before the firework show. Holly just had her little baby Poppy a month ago and I got to shnuggle her for a little bit. She is my favorite little baby, I love her! And it helps subside my hunger for my own baby to come and shnuggle.
After the firework show, we head home exhausted only to wake up a few hours later and head to the Millcreek Lions Club Breakfast in Tyler's neighborhood where he grew up. This is the official start of our Fourth! Following the breakfast is the parade where the Higginsons throw poppers at everybody and we either get laughs or people who do not like it one bit.
Then it's time to relax before we head on to whatever other activities we have planned for the day. Usually we go swimming but this year we decided to go to the art festival that was going on in Sugar House. It wasn't very big but still fun to walk around and see everything. I don't know if it's just me being pregnant, but I'm pretty sure the fourth of July was the hottest it has ever been and I felt like I was going to pass out walking around in all that heat. Then when we walked to our spot to watch the fireworks at the park, we weren't able to get a spot in the shade and I thought I was going to die! I am here to say that I survived, barely though.
As always, I love the fireworks at Sugar House even though everyone is pretty much sitting on top of each other. It was mostly crazy this year just thinking that in a year we are going to have a little 6 month old with us to share all of these traditions with. And it will be interesting to see what new traditions come with our little baby.
This is my only picture I got on the fourth of little Saydee in the swing. Such a cutie!

Other events that have happened so far this July are Saydee's blessing day. I meant to get a picture of her too, but I only came away with this gem of Tyler playing with his two nieces who were jumping all over him all day. They LOVE their Uncle Tyler. This is what makes me think Tyler would be such a good dad of a little girl.


Another weekend of this month we got to watch Owen and Elle. They slept at our house for three nights, which is the longest amount of time we have had them sleepover. We took them to their first drive in movie and I think it's easy to tell that they loved it! We also took them up to snowbird and rode on the Tram as well as went down the Alpine Slide.


Some little baby updates that I have for now are:
  • 18 weeks along!
  • I can feel our baby move ALL the time now. I love it because it's reassuring that everything is ok with the baby, but it's also making me worried that we are going to have a rambunctious little squirt that never stops running around! I also realize that I am lucky to feel our baby move around right now. With first pregnancies you usually don't feel your baby move until about 20 weeks, or so I have been told.
  • Tyler got to feel the baby kick or punch or whatever for the first time last night! That was way exciting for me to have him feel what I feel going on inside all the time. Every time the baby would kick hard I would grab Tyler's hand and hope that the baby would do it again so Ty could feel it this time. 
  • And finally.... We get to find out the gender of our baby in two days on my birthday! Best present ever, I cannot wait! 
That is all for now. Until next time with our announcement!

1 comment: