Milo

Milo

Monday, July 29, 2013

Finding Out the Gender of Our Baby

Finding out the gender of our little guy has given me the most anxiety out of anything! I was so excited but at the same time totally freaked out. Knowing the gender of our baby was going to change my whole way of thinking about this baby coming into our life. And it totally did! 

We scheduled to have the ultrasound on my birthday. The night before I could not sleep and kept having dreams that we couldn't find the doctor's office to get our ultrasound. We were driving all over town and ended up missing out appointment! You better believe the next morning I made sure I knew where I was going. 

About an hour and a half before the appt. Tyler texted me saying that I needed to drink 32 oz. of water before going to get the ultrasound. If I didn't drink that much water they may have to turn me away :S! Ah! I downed more water than I ever have in my life because there is no way I was waiting another day to find out what we were having! TMI warning: this led me to have to pee more than I ever have in my life and I had to wait to use the restroom for a VERY long time....

When we got to our ultrasound I was just so excited to see how our baby was doing. This was the first ultrasound we had gotten. The doctor showed us the heart and the four chambers in it. The spine. The head, particularly the creepy halloween eye picture that we got. The feet and hands (forgot to count the fingers and toes but I think we are ok!). Saw the baby's feet pushing right on my bladder, thank you baby. All in all this was great to see everything and to know that our baby is perfectly healthy, but holy cow I just wanted to get to the gender part! 

He finally asked if we wanted to know what we were having and we practically shouted yes! So he starts moving the thing around for awhile... then he starts pushing against my stomach and we're still not seeing anything... then he says that we may not be able to find out the gender today because our little one has it's legs crossed and the umbilical cord going right between them... WHAT?!!?!?! I was going to have to wait another day?! The doctor kept trying to get the baby to move and it just wasn't budging. He told me to go to the bathroom and while I was there to touch my toes a couple times and hopefully the baby would move so we would be able to see something. 

I came back and I'm pretty sure Tyler was trying not to freak out :) We once again got the thing moving around on my stomach and FINALLY he was able to show us that we are having a little BOY!!!!!! 
Ty about jumped out of his seat he was so excited and I was just thinking, "wait...what? a boy?" Definitely had to start wrapping my mind around it :) Once I got a hang, I was totally excited and still totally am! I could not be happier to have a little buddy to hang out with and a good companion for Tyler to take on all of his adventures with him. 

As of now, we have the name Milo McKay Higginson picked out for our little man. Every time we talk about baby we call him Milo so I'm pretty sure the name will stick. We love it. 

To our little Milo, we cannot wait to meet you and are counting down the days til you come! 20 more weeks to go little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment