Milo

Milo

Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

This year we took on the endeavor of hosting thanksgiving at our house! We invited both sides of our families over and that made it so much fun to make a big party out of it. We loved having both of our families together and not having to split it this year!

Everyone thought we were crazy to host thanksgiving when my due date is just two weeks away but little did you all know that my husband is amazing and pretty much did everything. He took care of the house, cleaned it spotless, cooked the turkey and the stuffing, got all the food assignments out, and then cleaned up after the party! I basically just sat back and watched :) I am one lucky gal! 
Ty was really stressed about cooking his first turkey, but he did an amazing job! Best turkey I ever had! And we are so lucky to have such talented family who all made delicious food to bring over. It was such a yummy dinner, milo was spoiled right along with me.
After dinner we had some holiday entertainment given by all the Higginson brothers and their accordions. It was like a circus putting all of them together to get a picture, but they sure look good!
Then we played some games and I went with some of the girls in my family to do some early Black Friday shopping. Judge all you want but what better way to bond with my family than pushing through crowds to get the best deals ;) just kidding, but honestly it really was fun for us to do a little shopping! 
That brought the close to our thanksgiving but I would like to finish here by saying a few things that I am grateful for. When I think about what im grateful for it's always the people in my life that come to mind first. I know it's because I am so blessed with such amazing family and friends. I love the family that I was born and raised in and I'm lucky to have such an amazing second family that I married into! Both families have done so much for us and we are truly lucky. 
I'm also so grateful for my nanny family that has done so much for me and been so supportive of our little guy coming and letting me bring him to work with me. 
I'm grateful for the good friends that Tyler and I have and I'm so happy that all of our families are growing together and can't wait for our kids to be friends too. 
And finally I'm grateful for my two boys. Even though milo isn't here yet, I know that he will be such a special boy to me and will change my life for the better. And I can't wait to see Tyler, who has been the best husband for me, be the best dad for milo. Milo- we can't wait for you to get here so feel free to get here anytime! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment