Milo

Milo

Monday, August 1, 2011

Catch Up

And once again, zero pictures! Ugh! I'm going to do better....seriously.

So this past week has been full of family and fun. Tyler's sister, Lindsey has been visiting from Colorado with her cute kids, so we've had the opportunity to hang out with them a ton and do lots of fun things while I bring my nanny kids along. It's been good for owen and elle to have more kiddos to play with! Also, my Aunt Karen and her kids are all coming out to Utah this month so we get to be doing a lot of catch up and a lot of playing Elfer Haus (a German card game that brings an on-going family championship).

We had a weekend full of birthday parties! Aspen turned 2, yay!! She was darling and got super excited about all of her presents. It was also Luke's birthday, he turned 1 AND took his first steps! Holy cow! Holly went all out at Luke's Rubber Ducky Party and I am officially inspired! Just picture blue and yellow everywhere, with delicious hot dogs and essentials, and LOTS of rubber duckies. SO CUTE! She is amazing.

I also had to play doctor a little bit with Tyler this whole last week with the help of Jesse (Owen and Elle's dad). Tyler has something called a stye. I'm not sure of all the medical terms but basically it's an infected eyelash and it makes his whole eyelid swell up and get really painful. So with my daily reports to Jesse he would tell me what to do about his eye and we've been able to avoid the overly expensive medical bills and got rid of the infection ourselves. It is slowly, but surely, going away, woo hoo!

We finished our super fun week by going up to one of our good friends' cabins. He has a sweet zipline there where I seriously feared for my life, but here I am alive and well! Picture me and Ty hanging onto the rope together for dear life and about to crash into a tree and me screaming the whole way down while Tyler is laughing at me. Classic. Then, Tyler and Bass thought it would be pretty hilarious to freeze a bee and then tie a hair around it so that when it thawed, they would have a bee on a leash (boys....). The bee didn't quite make it, so they ended up with a dead bee on a leash, brilliant! There was a campfire, lots of games and, of course, the joys of being away from the city and out in the woods with friends! We loved it and are seriously loving our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment