Milo

Milo

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

24th of July Celebrations

First of all, I need to be a better photographer! I got pretty much zero pictures of this weekend though it was a blast! Tyler and I got to do tons of fun things!

First of all, Friday I took my kiddos to the Bountiful Handcart days fair. It was so fun and everyone loved it! Well... almost everyone.
Here is Elle. She LOVES swings but these particular ones were a little different. They're kind of like the ginormous swing thing at Lagoon where they're all attached to a machine that spins around and you feel like you're flying, but this one was small and more for little kids.
 Notice the terrified look on her face?? Ya, this did not go over well. Crying as she spun around and crying even louder every time she saw me as she came around. I think we have traumatized her for life!
 She ended up loving going down this slide though, I think it made her day a little better! And of course getting a snocone after. Comfort foods always work :)

Owen also went down this slide about 20 times, it was his favorite.

After I got off watching the kids, I went and did some extra birthday shopping for me (got a super cute purse!) and did some much needed grocery shopping. Then Tyler came home and we watched some Prison Break (of course) and then went to my aunts to go watch the Bountiful Fireworks! They were amazing this year and super long, we loved it!

Saturday came and Tyler didn't have to work! YAY! This never happens! So we volunteered to work at the fair with our ward and were in charge of making the scones. There was a choice to wear a baseball hat or a hair net.... I chose the hat, haven't warn one of those for about 5 years. Tyler barely recognized me! It was way fun helping to make the scones and doing some service is always nice. The scones must have been pretty tasty because there was a super long line the entire time we were there. Either that, or we were pretty slow at making them...

When we were done volunteering we headed straight to the Beech Family Reunion (Tyler's grandma's side of the family). It was a pretty big event consisting of eating food, having an auction, eating more food, playing water volleyball, pouring buckets on each other (well... the guys getting the girls with buckets), drying off, getting soaked again, making sure all the girls had been soaked, watching my nephew pee in the kiddy pool :) love him, eating more food, and finally getting soaked again. It was fun and great for me to be able to spend more time with extended family. I love how fun they all have together! We were super tired after our busy day, so came home and watched more Prison Break. We really need to finish this show so we're not spending all our time watching it!

Sunday came with wonderful church and then hangin out at home just the two of us. Around 10 o'clock p.m. we decided to drive out to my mother-in-laws to watch their awesome firework show. I practically rolled out of bed when we decided to go, face already washed and in my pjs (I'm obviously not the stay out late kinda person!) We were there til about midnight and came home to wake up 5 hours later for work. Wouldn't have changed a thing! The fireworks and family were so fun!

Monday, the kiddos and I went to This Is the Place with all of my sister-in-laws and their kids. It was so fun to be with all of them and it was quite the event. Lyle, Jackson, and Aspen all participated in a pie eating contest, all the kids got to ride on ponies, there was a ten minute parade, and the choo choo train was a hit! All of us adults were exhausted after, I know I went home and took a pretty long nap!

And finally, that night we went to Linda's again to have some dinner and do more fireworks. It was so fun being able to spend this weekend with the Higginsons! They made it such a blast and I love them all and am so lucky to have married into their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment