Milo

Milo

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Burfday Weekend!

This past weekend was a blast! It started out with my bestie, Megan, going shopping with me and getting me a darling skirt for my birthday. Love her to pieces, she always brings a good time! Then Tyler and I had a movie night where we started our new obsession of Prison Break, it is addicting! We're already almost done with the first season (way too much time on our hands...). He also let me open an early birthday present which was a gift card to a SPA (never been to one) so I can get a pedicure and manicure and even a facial! He officially spoils me. Then Saturday we had a birthday brunch with the Oder and Higginson clans, it was good to have both of our families together and our cute niece, little Adyson, was the star of the show.

Later that night we went to see Harry Potter! Good movie, though I think they could have combined the last book all into one show, this last one just seemed like it was ending the whole time. But we did enjoy it and are sad that the Harry Potters are all over :(

Sunday was spent driving up to Idaho for our cousin, Cassie's, baby shower. She is darling and I'm so excited for her to have a little baby girl! Tyler was good enough to make the 6 hour drive with me, but he escaped during the shower to do some golfing, he was one happy guy!

On Monday, my actual birthday, Tyler took me out to dinner at Chili's! I LOVE that place, it is too yummy! He surprised me with a subscription to the Food Network magazine! Ah! So excited about that one! We ended the night by watching more Prison Break, perfect :)

 We went all out at Chilis and ordered A TON of food and ate pretty much all of it! It was so so tasty.
 The last thing that made my birthday very special was Hillary and Owen making me this cute birthday cake. The letters melted off a little but I still love it!! Hillary told me that she asked Owen if she should write "Happy Birthday Maddie" on it and Owen says, " No... you should write 'Maddie loves Owen and Elle!' ". Hillary then asked how about writing "Owen and Elle love Maddie"? Owen responds with, "No mom, that's not what I said. I said 'Maddie loves Owen and Elle!" So that's what she wrote! Haha I loved it and the cake was delicious! So yummy that I let Owen have it for breakfast (sorry Hillary!).
Owen also sang happy birthday to me which was a special treat since, for some reason, he doesn't like to say or sing happy birthday to anybody. His version of Happy Birthday goes something like this: "Happy birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to yoouuuu!!!" That's about as far into the song as he gets, so cute!

It was a great birthday and thank you to all the friends and family who made it so wonderful! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment