Milo

Milo

Friday, July 1, 2011

Engagement Story

I thought it would be fun if I share the story about how Tyler proposed to me. It starts way back when we went to look for rings. Tyler and I both just said we would do it for fun and not get the ring soon, but just see what's out there and prices and everything. So I probably found about 3 or 4 rings that I liked, but there was one that I completely fell in love with and secretly hoped he would choose that one.

Well a few weeks go by of looking at rings and my birthday was starting to come up. I finally told Tyler that I wanted to get engaged sooner rather than later so I could start planning the wedding. This is in July and he told me that he wasn't thinking to propose until September or even October. Needless to say, I was very impatient.

Then he tells me a few days before my birthday that he was going to a bachelor party for one of his friends. I was a little suspicious because he hadn't mentioned anything about it before. Turns out this was the day he asked my brother if he could marry me. They also went together and picked out the spot where Tyler was going to propose to me.

The day before my birthday we went to seven peaks with some friends and Tyler and his mission companion, Matt Connell, started talking to a guy in spanish that we just happened to sit by during lunch. I do not understand spanish one bit so I had no idea what was going on, but apparently Tyler had told the man in spanish that he was going to propose to me the next day right in front of me!

Then the day of my birthday had come and Tyler asked if he could make me some dinner and go up Millcreek Canyon. So he picked me up and took me to his mom's where he made me pasta (my favorite) and put everything, including sparkling cider, into a picnic basket. We then drove up the canyon with our basket, this being a common thing for us to do over the summer, I think we had been up that canyon almost every weekend and we love it! Tyler decided to go to a lookout spot he wanted to show me before we ate some dinner so I of course said sure! and we walked a little bit to this spot. While we were standing there looking out at the view, i put my hands inside Tyler's front pocket and felt a ring box! Woops!! I froze, not daring to say anything and hoping Tyler didn't know I had found the ring. Tyler froze and hoped that I just hadn't felt it. We both didn't say a thing to each other and just left the spot to continue our drive up to the picnic area.

As we pulled up to park, Tyler ended up parking right next to Mckenzie's (David's girlfriend) car, luckily I didn't notice. I also didn't notice that David and Mckenzie were hiding out in the bushes at our picnic spot to make sure the table wasn't taken. They even had to stifle their laughter as they saw me totally trip on our way walking up there! Embarrassing! So we get to our table and start unloading the food while this group of little girls walk by. They start whispering to each other and looking at us, finally one of the girls shouts to Tyler, " you're a very lucky guy!" and go to me "you're a lucky girl too!" haha how cute and perfect for the moment.

As we were finishing our romantic picnic, I started to stand up and clean up some things. Tyler stops me and says, "Before you clean up, I need to ask you something." Haha love it! So he pulls me over to the side of the table and his holding my hands and says all those sweet little things that I can't even remember, kneels down in the dirt and asks me to marry him WITH the ring that I had fallen in love with! I could not believe it, was completely astonished and so replied with, " NO WAY!! no way, no way, no way" leaving Tyler there to wonder if I'm telling him no that I don't want to get married or just being so excited. So he decided to ask me again and I realize what I'm doing and shout yes! and hug him to death! I was so excited!!

We pack everything up and head back to Tyler's moms house where both of our families are waiting for us to get back. We walked in the door and they all cheered and were so happy for us! We were beaming from ear to ear. The only major faux pa (sp?) of the day was that I did not take a single picture of that event.... I cannot believe I did that! Some family members got pictures when we got back but nothing up the canyon or of the dinner, nothing! I will regret that forever, but that is o.k. Everything after that was absolutely perfect!

So there you have it, that's how we got engaged!

No comments:

Post a Comment