Milo

Milo

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

We're back from the Hurricane!

We made it out of the hurricane alive from our Bahamas cruise!! Luckily we were not too affected by Hurricane Irene other than being rerouted to a different island, but we definitely saw how it was affecting many other poor people who had to leave their homes. Our cruise was supposed to take us to Nassau and Cococay but Cococay was being hit directly by the hurricane so they took us to Key West instead. I'm going to post just a few pictures of the many adventures we had while on our trip, it was so nice to get away for awhile!

We're on the boat!
 This was our first excursion in Nassau. Those yellow things there are the submarines we went under the water in. You can kind of see the bubbles at the top which is where our heads went and then we sat down on the lower part of the machine and scootered around under water! We saw TONS of fish that were huge and even saw a barracuda!!
 Us with Lyle and Claudia, love them! They were such a fun couple to travel with!


 This is on Key West
 We rented a scooter to ride all over the island. Tyler is a CRAZY driver and I think we almost tipped over like 20 times but at least he was having fun terrorizing me :)
 Virgin Margaritas... sooo good! This is also the start of the Love and Marriage Game Show. Tyler and I tried our hardest to get on as the Newly Wed couple but didn't make it :( Lyle and Claudia made it for the 5-30 years of marriage couple though!!! It was so fun watching them up on stage and now we know all of their dirty secrets and so do all the other people on the boat... ;)
 Belly Flop Contest!
 Getting ready to rock climb! The rock wall was on the top deck of the boat and as we were climbing a storm was starting to blow in which meant lots of wind blowing at us as we reached the top of the wall!
 Towel Animals!!!! I was obsessed with these,  this is how i will fold my kids towels one day!
 Formal Night... not so formal eh?
 Our first picture in Harry Potter Land (Magic Potter Land...  haha Lyle). We went to Universal Studios in Florida after we finished our cruise and it was such a surprise to me that we were actually going to Harry Potter land!! I was ecstatic as you can tell and was taking pictures of EVERYTHING.
 Does that castle not look real?!?!?! There's good old HogwErts!
 Pumpkin Juice! We actually didn't try this but we tried the actual Harry Potter butter beer, oh my goodness, so good! I'm addicted, must find the recipe.
 This is Fred and George's joke shop and yes those are the puking pastils!

 Honey Dukes Candy Shop. They had everything!! including the chocolate frogs with the wizard cards and Bertie Botts every-flavored beans. I had to refrain from buying all this candy.
These are just the highlights of the trip. I did not include the pictures of us driving to Vegas to catch a flight to Texas to catch another flight to Florida so that we could meet our cruise boat, that was definitely not planned :) I did not include pictures of our boat being tossed to and fro by the waves that were an after affect of the hurricane. And I did not include pictures of the FREE spa treatment that I WON the very first hour of being on the boat. It was called an Ionithermie treatment, I'd never heard of it before and wouldn't even know how to explain it to anyone but it was cool! I've never won anything before like that so it was super exciting for me. 

And here's the cute couple we owe this trip to. Thanks guys for inviting us and letting us tag along with you!!

2 comments:

  1. So much fun! I had no idea you were going to go to Harry Potter Land, that's too cool! I'm already planning a trip when the boys get older. We'll read all the books, watch all the movies, then go! Glad you had fun, despite the complications. (But what would a trip be like for you two without complications?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks SO fun Maddie!! Love your pictures & love your black "sun dress!!" So cute!!

    ReplyDelete