Milo

Milo

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Three Day Weekend

Tyler and I were lucky to have an almost 5 day weekend, this never happens!! Thursday, Tyler got out of school early and I got out of work early so we got a long night together, yippee! Then Friday was an awesome day because Kip came home from his mission! I've never met Kip before, so it was fun to get to know him and spend time with him. Tyler had the day off and I was able to bring Owen and Elle with me and spend time with the family. It's been fun adding another brother to the mix!

Saturday came and all I did was craft, craft, and craft. I love it. My mom and I splurged and bought a million things for Halloween and Thanksgiving from the Wood Connection, which is a store that sells wood decorations for you to paint and glue together (check it out). I am so excited and love making my own decorations for my house. I will post pictures later of some of the things that we've made. We also did a little shopping at Nordstroms and found me these!

I am in love with them:)

On Saturday, I also had the opportunity to attend a baptism of one of the girls in my primary class. She had asked Tyler to speak at her baptism, but he unfortunately had to work, so I was his poor replacement... I do not do well speaking in front of people. But I did it, and Alexa was so happy to be getting baptized and so eager to learn and keep her covenants. Throughout my whole talk, she just sat there listening to every word that I said like she really cared to learn about the Holy Ghost and the promises she was making by being baptized. What an example she was to me of how I should be living my life, always wanting to learn and improve myself.

 Sunday was another fun day where we got to spend more time with Kip and the family. Kip is an amazing guy and still carries the spirit of missionary work with him. He's been another huge example to me in remembering the small things that we need to do, particularly always having family prayer.

Monday was a great day for Tyler and I to be together all day doing my favorite thing... shopping :) We went up to Park City with my family and did lots of back to school shopping. It's always a special treat when Tyler and I get to spend a whole day together, what with my work and Tyler doing work AND school we get super busy, I loved every second of it. Yay for the weekend!

1 comment:

  1. What? you have a blog! "The Higginson's" were listed on the side of one of Amy's friends blog. And I thought hmmm, do I know them?
    Cute!

    ReplyDelete