Milo

Milo

Monday, November 7, 2011

ANNIVERSARY!! and MOVING!

So I was a picture-taking slacker over our anniversary which makes me a little mad. I did forget to pack my makeup so I guess I'm not too upset that I didn't take pictures of the weekend... We had a blast though!! Our anniversary was on Saturday the 29th so we packed up our things on Friday and headed up to Park City. We love going there for little romantic getaways.

We spent our weekend relaxing, watching movies, shopping, watching the U game, and eating out. Nothing too crazy, but so nice to get away for a little bit! Tyler definitely spoiled me by getting me a COACH purse (wow, never thought I would have one of those in a lifetime)!! He also got me my favorite perfume that I've been wanting for awhile.

Needless to say, I didn't do very good in the gift giving department.. for anyone who watches Modern Family, I'm like Claire who gave her husband 5 coupons for free hugs :) I didn't exactly do that gift but I made a candy poster for Tyler... BUT, to justify myself, he did want to a gun (for safety reasons I guess, whatever) so I'm splitting that gift between anniversary and Christmas since guns are a little pricey! It works :)

After the anniversary weekend was over, we came home to do a TON of packing. Our date to move was on Wednesday and, thanks to the help of tons of friends and family, we got the whole move done in one day and done super fast! We are so grateful for everybody's help, we could not have done it without them!

Since then we have been putting together our apartment and I'm going to have put some pictures up because we are in love with it!! It's so roomy and has tons of storage that we have put to good use. I have also taken on some new projects involving painting shelves and totally redoing a few pieces of furniture. I'm really excited to get it all done.

And finally, I was reading a friends blog today and she mentioned a talk by President Uchtdorf. I read it today and wow, talk about powerful. It was such a good message to read again that I want to share it with others. It's such a good reminder of the individual worth we all have and how Heavenly Father loves each of us. But one part stood out to me the most and that was where he talked about the couple who was the perfect example of Christ. I hope to one day be more like them and emulate Christ as they did. You can read the talk HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment