Milo

Milo

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

DIY Christmas Wreath

Since we have moved in, we've been having lots of fun hanging out with some of our friends that we now live closer to. We're also very lucky to have our friends Jake and Haley to go to church with, we love that! Our weekend was full of little get-togethers and catching up. It also was full of crafting! My favorite thing :)

I'm used to painting little things, but my mom and I happened upon a $5 table at Savers that has inspired me to go big. I am now addicted to redoing furniture. But first I should finish my first attempt.

Here is the hideous table we found:

 An ugly brown with a random turquoise drawer... Well we started stripping the paint and I LOVED doing the stripping! It looked so cool how the paint bubbled up and all it took was a little scrape to get it clean off :) I know, I'm weird. Anyways this is what it turned out to be after we stripped AND my superhero of a husband got his electric sander and sanded it down for me. It's perfect! Next step is to paint it, which I haven't gotten to yet. Will post pictures of the finished product later.
 Now for the Christmas Wreath project. I found this on pinterest and fell in love! I got my mom and Holly to join in with me. This has been one of my most favorite projects I've ever done. It was super easy and super cheap. I thought I would stick with silver and champagne colors since I'm going to hang it inside my house over our silver mirror. Holly went with a splash of color and I love it! My mom ended up making a pine cone tree that turned out super cute as well. It was fun to get the girls together and make these. I can't wait to start decorating for Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. So excited to see how the table turns out, has so much potential and great shape.

    ReplyDelete