Milo

Milo

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

Thanksgiving this year was a hit (even though I didn't get a single picture of the event)! We spent it with the Higgy's, York's, and Painter's. Such a big family event, I've never been apart of a Thanksgiving dinner with that many people! I've also never been a part of a game of Liar's Dice with so many people either. It was so much fun to spend time with all of the family and we were stuffed with delicious food!

On Thanksgiving we were also able to cut down our own Christmas tree. This is a tradition me and the hubs have started since last year and I know it is something we will look forward to every year. There's something so authentic about going out in the woods in the snow, picking out your very own tree, and chopping it down (though I don't do much chopping). I also did not have my camera to take pictures of this momentous event, hopefully next year!

Black Friday is also another tradition Tyler and I started last year. We go CRAZY! We are such a good team when it comes to shopping for other people and getting our Christmas shopping done. Both Black Friday years we have come home with 90% of people's presents. We also were able to get some presents for each other in the mix. Gotta love waking up at 5 a.m. in the morning to shop for some good deals.

And finally, after a super busy weekend, we got our house and tree decorated and ready for Christmas. I am a big fanatic about getting the house looking perfect for Christmas. Needless to say, I haven't cooked a meal in the past few days... but here we are:


All time favorite decoration I have ever made: The Grinch!
 Christmas Village

 Tyler did the lights at the bottom of the tree and I took it upon myself to finish off the top. Is it weird that we put the star on top of the tree before anything else? I think we just dread that it won't stand straight or the tree is too tall for us to get it on.
 Decorating! With Christmas music playing in the background of course.
 The finished product! We love our tall, quirky tree.
 We finished our night off by drinking egg nog and watching Elf :) I love Christmas!
 Also, Tyler painted our kitchen! Does it not look awesome!? He took the whole task on by himself and it looks perfect. I'm super happy with the color.

3 comments:

  1. How cute is your new place?!?! I love it all, great job! And what a coo on the Christmas shopping. I think our shopping is going to consist of staying up late one night, surfing good ol' Amazon. We're not as adventurous as you guys I guess. I was looking for a pic of the bulb wreath amid your Christmas decor, where did that end up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh holly It was a fiasco!! I have ended up placing the lovely ornament wreath in the garbage :( It just wasn't working out for me BUT I'm looking to making another smaller one now that I have figured out the trick of the trade! Is yours up? I bet it looks darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't tell jessica about the paint.. if you don't tell on us, we wont tell on you two.. hhaha

    ReplyDelete