Milo

Milo

Friday, August 8, 2014

Island Park Vacation

We had the wonderful opportunity to go up to Island Park, Idaho in July to visit my mom's cousin, Lee, and his wife, Bonnie, and their granddaughter, Maggie. They were so generous to let all of us stay in their cabin and they showed us an amazing time! This was Milo's first vacation and he was amazing in the four hour drive there and back. It was a good thing we had Nana sitting in the back to entertain him!

Right as soon as we got there in the afternoon, Lee took us out four wheeling. I was too afraid to drive my own (no surprise), and was originally going to ride with Ty, but ended up going with Lexi. I think that was a better choice, Lexi is a much safer driver :)



We rode over to Johnny Sacks Cabin that is right on the river. 


The next day Lee took this crew out to fly his airplane. He is a pilot and gave each of them their very first lesson in flight!


Still can't get over that Ty flew a plane.

After everyone got back from flying we went to float down the river. This was a whole adventure! The last time I was on a river with my mom and my aunt Karen, we were in a canoe going around in circles. I think we may have done just a bit better this time!
Ty and Lexi took the kayaks, Connor and Lora were in the canoe, and I was with the rowdy bunch in the raft :) I was in a bit of a time crunch to get down the river because we left Milo with Bonnie, David, and Mckenzie. He is currently going through major stranger danger and I knew that he would be giving them a rough go. I also didn't have any milk to leave for him so I was desperate to get down that river quick. No time to enjoy the scenery :)



After we got Milo down for bed and ate some dinner, Ty and I headed out on our bikes to explore some trails. 

The next day Ty, my mom, Milo and I drove up to see Old Faithful in Yellowstone. This was my first time in Yellowstone and I definitely want to go back more so that I can see a lot more of it. Old Faithful was beautiful and Milo loved all the old ladies who were gushing over how adorable he is.





On the way back to the cabin, there was a line up of cars. We weren't sure what was holding everybody up til I saw a buffalo just walking along down the road. By the time we got up to him he had crossed the street and was heading into the parking lot below.

We got back just in time to head out to dinner at a yummy joint that I can't remember the name of :)

Milo enjoyed sitting in the high chair and being able to talk to everybody at the table.

The last adventure of the trip was heading to the Playmill Theatre where they were performing Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat. This was so much fun and for it being a small theatre they did an amazing job! It definitely brought back old memories of being in my high school performance of this :)

We are so grateful to Bonnie and Lee for letting us come and stay with them! This was a much needed trip for all of us and I was glad that Milo could go on his first little vacation :) We hope to go back and see them again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment