Milo

Milo

Friday, August 8, 2014

The Chrastils Moved to Colorado!

I never thought this day would come! I thought that I would be Owen and Elle's nanny for life- even go  off to college with Owen ;) These kids have been my whole life for almost 4 years and now they have moved to Colorado and I miss them so much!

I started with Elle when she was just 5 months old and Owen had just turned 3. It has been so amazing for me to watch how much they have grown and I am so blessed to have been in their lives. They have taught me many things and prepared me to be a mom.

Look at how little they are! And this was after I had been their nanny for over a year!


Elle has been my girl. Me and her butt heads many times, I think because she was a little mini me and knew just how to push my buttons. But, my goodness, I had the best times with her. I remember that I couldn't wait for her to start talking because I wanted to know all the things that she wanted to say. And does she have things to say! I will miss our daily conversations and her telling me how to play dolls and asking to put on makeup. I will miss our mornings making deals on who gets to pick out her outfit for the day. I especially will miss her morning snuggles that I always got and her brushing my hair.

Owen has been the angel child that I could always count on. He is the sweetest boy in the world and was always such a help to me. He had to put up with a crazy sister but he also had to put up with a crazy nanny :) I don't think that I could have gotten through those first months of watching three kids without his help. I will miss his saying that he loves me about 6 times a day and asking if we could snuggle while he watches a move. I will miss playing Sorry with him and both of us getting super competitive with each other. I will miss his kind and forgiving heart. 

This post totally sounds depressing and like I will never see these kids again, which is not the case! We are going to visit them in a few days and I am so lucky that Hillary and Jesse are letting us do that! We will visit many times and all of us are moving on to new adventures.

I was really worried about what I would do for work when they left, especially with having Milo now. But, just like it always does, everything worked out! I now will be teacher at Foxtales Preschool in my neighborhood and will be working part time as a nanny for another family. While teaching preschool my mom will get to watch Milo and the new family that I am nannying for will let me bring Milo. I am so excited to do both jobs and can't wait to start with the new school year. 

I am so thankful to the Chrastil family for putting up with me for many years and always being patient with me as their nanny. I am so thankful to Hillary and Jesse for letting me be such a big part in their kids lives. We will never forget all that they have done for us and I am so glad that we have become family and that, even though they have moved to a different state, that we will always be in touch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment