Milo

Milo

Monday, May 7, 2012

California Day 1

This last week, Ty and I were in California!!! Woot Woot! It was so much fun, and since I love to tell all about everything I have decided to split this one long post into several and go day by day. So for the first day:

Saturday morning at 6 a.m. we departed on our long drive to San Diego. We were exhausted from the wedding the day before but were too excited to sleep any longer. I was going to drive the first half since I did not want to deal with the Cali traffic.

Now, I will be the first to admit that I am not the most skilled driver. I am a good driver but not a skilled driver (not sure if that makes sense...). Because of my lack of skill, you can see why I would be nervous when a ton of shrapnel was covering the road while I was driving. I avoided most of it, until I saw a ginormous piece of metal in the middle of the road and ran right over it. Yup. It made the loudest sound and scared me so bad. I just knew that I had ruined Tyler's car.

As I was sobbing and apologizing over and over again to Ty, he was completely calm and didn't even get mad or show that he was bugged about what I had just done. Side note: My husband is incredible. Who doesn't freak out when somebody ruins something nice of yours? Tyler doesn't. EVER! He is so good and patient and kind. Holy cow am I lucky to have a husband that doesn't freak out at me over ruining his car.

So now I'm still driving wondering what happened to the car, and I start to notice that the gas indicator shows that we are running out of gas and running out of it fast! We hurry to the nearest gas station (which luckily wasn't too far) to see if the gas tank was leaking. HALLELUJAH it was fine! But the bumper had been pulled out and some wiring unplugged which made it so the gas indicator and check engine light were on. Tyler was able to pop the bumper back in and we called our trusty car man, Mark (what would we do without him in our lives), and he told us what to do.

We made a stop at checker auto in Las Vegas to make sure that there was nothing else wrong with the car and they told us we would be fine to finish our trip out and then fix the rest of it when we got home. That was good news to hear! So we are glad to say that after that fiasco we got everywhere that we needed to be with no problems at all.

I refused to drive after that so Tyler took over and got us to San Diego in no time. Our hotel for the night was located right in Old Town San Diego. Talk about a hoppin' joint. There was so much going on and so many shops and people walking around. We ate at a fun little Mexican restaurant called Miguel's and then did some shopping. I got some awesome starfish for me and momma to decorate with, super excited!

So, that is all for day one! I'm glad that our car trauma didn't ruin the whole trip for us or even the rest of the day, we are so lucky!


1 comment:

  1. how fun!! haha i love that he didnt get mad about the car! you guys are awesome

    ReplyDelete