Milo

Milo

Thursday, May 17, 2012

California Day 7

After just a couple of hours at Disneyland (we were pretty Disneyland out) we headed to Newport Beach! I love this place so much for many reasons, one of which being Ty and I took our first vacation together here.

Ty was in charge of booking the hotel for this night and surprised with a very nice hotel just right off the beach. It was such a relief to stay here because we had not been staying in the most clean hotels the majority of the trip due to trying to save some money. The hotel was called the Little Inn By the Bay (or something like that...) and the rooms were each named after a beach.

 Immediately after checking in we headed to the beach, we finally had warm enough weather!! It was the perfect beach day. Ty got to skim board while I found a million sea shells that I have great plans for in our house! We also got some good frisbee playing in on the beach which is a favorite thing for us.
 We also saw tons of awesome things at the beach. We saw dolphins swimming far out in the ocean, which was so cool!
I also found like a million crab arms.... pretty gross. But I saw even more tiny baby crabs floating in the water and getting washed up on the shore. I don't know what was going on with the crabs, but the water was completely covered with the tiny baby ones that were just dead. Every time I got out of the water I would find 3 or 4 tiny baby crabs stuck to me somewhere, it was pretty gross but didn't deter me too much from getting in the water.
 And finally, just as Ty and I were leaving the beach, we saw people gathering down by the water. We decided to head over there to see what everyone was looking at, thinking it would be a sea turtle or something. Oh no! It was a shark. A baby Great White Shark!!! I couldn't believe it. And the craziest thing was that it was still alive. The lifeguard who was there making sure no one got too close said that the little shark had been beaching himself all day, probably because he was sick. He also mentioned that momma shark was probably somewhere nearby, Ah! We sat and watched that shark for a good half hour as it flailed around and chomped it's teeth and tried to get back in the water (or that's what it seemed like). It was kinda sad to watch, but when I said to the lifeguard how sad it was, he said, "It's not so sad when they are chomping on the end of your surf board." Good point.
It was probably one of the best beach days ever, we had such a blast! We ended our night by going back to our hotel and cleaning off all the baby crabs (just kidding :) ) and then heading out to get some delicious TK Burger. So yummy!

1 comment: