Milo

Milo

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

California Day 6

Tyler has never been to disneyland. Crazy, I know. So I convinced him that it is definitely worth it to go at least once in his life, even before we have kids.

Now everybody was telling us that there was no way we would be able to get through all of Disneyland in one day. That is definitely true with kids but with just us two and me being an ultimate planner, I put together everything needed to get all the rides in that we wanted to. Crazily enough we did every single ride that we wanted to and could have done more (I think going on a Thursday helped too). We did get a screaming deal for a 2 day park hopper pass that cost us less than buying a one day park hopper pass so we saved a few rides for our second day.

Overall Disneyland was a success, and it was especially fun that we got to unexpectedly meet up with Lyle, Claudia, and Christy! Christy was so stinkin' cute when she got so excited to see all the different Disney characters hanging around and she was sure to point them out to us and tell us who they were. We love our cute niece!

Here are some snap shots of the day:




The pic above is a snap shot of the Finding Nemo Submarine Ride. I loved it and thought it was so creative!


This was a picture of the Tower of Terror ride. Surprisingly I'm not screaming my head off.

 That's better :)
 This is after a water ride in California Adventure. Tyler got SOAKED and I managed to get away with a little splash on my back, yay me.

All of us waiting for the parade to start in Downtown Disney.


 The guy who took our picture :)
 Nerd moment: I LOVE Tangled. Seriously, one of the best movies ever made. Tyler regrets the day he bought that movie for me because guaranteed we watch it at the least once a month. So of course I had to snap a million pictures of her because she is the best princess. Ever. Nerd moment over.

 If Tyler were to work at Disneyland, he would be one of the Chimney Sweepers :)
 And now for the greatest moment of our entire trip at Disneyland. The World of Color show. Ty and I almost missed this show due to not getting a fast pass for it, but we thought we would try and find a spot to watch it anyways and luckily we could see the majority of the show. It was one of the most amazing productions I have ever seen. Pictures do not do it justice. Something to compare it to are the fountains at the Bellagio in Vegas, but this productions puts lights and fire and pictures of Disney movies in the water.
 See, there's Sebastian singing Under the Sea! It was soooo cool and I loved it and it made waiting for an hour in our spot all worth it.
So, tips for my future self when I go back to Disneyland with my kids:

  • Stay at the Super 8 down the street. Super junky, but hey, it's cheap and you don't have to pay a million dollars to park your car. You can just walk to Disneyland!
  • Pack a lunch and eat a super good breakfast before you go. Meals are expensive there.
  • Plan out which rides you for sure want to go on and the ones that don't really matter. You won't waste your time on the rides you don't care about too much.
  • Watch the parade AND the World of Color show, they are both worth it.  
  • Try and buy the Southern California resident pass if you can, it is loads cheaper than buying at the gate or online. 
  • Get as many fast passes as you can
That's all I can think of for now! I love Disneyland and am glad that I got to go with my honey and that he was such a good sport even though I know the rides weren't as thrilling for him :) And thanks to Lyle and Claudia for hanging out with us and not making us feel like too much of dorks being there without kids! 


No comments:

Post a Comment